Valentines Day in Cardiff
Valentines day is on its way and if you are looking to wow a loved one or woo someone new Cardiff offers a range of romantic and raunchy options
- If its not too windy a day then treat your loved one to candy floss while you stroll down and admire the historic beauty of Penarth pier, what could be more romantic than finding a plaque with your names on (Pre purchased here).
- Cardiff Bay hosts a range of glamorous restaurants which are sure to impress, be sure to book ahead as its going to be a busy night. Think Mexican for a fun night of cocktails and dancing or French for a night of fine wine and candle light glances.
- Salsa dancing is the perfect way to impress that special someone and even impress yourself with surprisingly easy to pick up moves. Try Salsa classes great for couples or go alone if your looking to meet the next ex.
- If you would rather stay in the city then Bute park and Arboretum will fill you with the beauty of nature as you wander through the ornamental trees and ancient monuments.
- You could make your date feel like a prince or princess whilst taking in the romance of Cardiff Castle.
- If your more impressed with swans than seagulls then a stroll around Cosmeston lake country park could be just the place for you, with 100 hectares of land and water there will be plenty of wildlife to watch and good exercise if your evening is likely to involve an extravagant meal and boxes of chocolates.
- If Musicals put a song in your heart then check out St Davids Hall where the Rat Pack is Back for Lovers Everywhere!!!
- For Theatre lovers or anyone looking for something a bit different this year try The Gate Arts Centres’s Alternative valentines event, it runs from Saturday the 11th until the 14th so its ideal if you cant have your valentines on a school night.
- There is of course the ever enjoyable option of a DVD from blockbusters and tub of haagen dazs, great for a cuddly night in or even better if your alone.
- And finally if you dont fancy all the mushy stuff then take yourself and friends down to Bogiez Rock Pub and Nightclub for Hillbilly Rock Explosion on sunday the 12th.
Last Updated on Friday, 10 February 2012 20:04